👨⚕️ Contributing clinical experience, data wrangling and analytical skills to development of COVID-19 Severity phenotypes from linked EHR data for 54 million patients in England.
🎯 Work packages:
CCU003: Direct and indirect effects of the coronavirus pandemic in individuals with cardiovascular disease (Lead: Ami Banerjee, UCL)
CCU013: High-throughput electronic health record phenotyping approaches (Lead: Spiros Denaxas, UCL)
CCU020: Evaluation of antithrombotic use and COVID-19 outcomes (Lead: Alex Handy, UCL)
- Hospital Episode Statistics Admitted Patient Care (APC) and Adult Critical Care (CC)
- GPES data for Pandemic Planning and Research (GDPPR)
- Second Generation Surveillance System (SGSS)
- ONS deaths
👨💻 Work is conducted in the NHS Digital Trusted Research Environment using SQL, Python and Spark/Databricks.
- Evaluation of antithrombotic use and COVID-19 outcomes in a nationwide atrial fibrillation cohort
- Characterising COVID-19 related events in a nationwide electronic health records cohort in England
- Linked electronic health records for research on a nationwide cohort of more than 54 million people in England: data resource
- Vaccinating adolescents in England: a risk-benefit analysis