👨⚕️ Contributing clinical experience, data wrangling and analytical skills to development of COVID-19 Severity phenotypes from linked EHR data for 56.6 million patients in England.
I lead my own project
CCU038: Evaluating the impact of COVID-19 on critical care outcomes.
👨💻 Direct contributions:
CCU013: High-throughput electronic health record phenotyping approaches (Lead: Spiros Denaxas, UCL)
CCU020: Evaluation of antithrombotic use and COVID-19 outcomes (Lead: Alex Handy, UCL)
CCU004: COVID and cardiovascular disease risk prediction. (Project lead: Angela Wood, University of Cambridge)
👨💼 Consultancy inputs:
CCU002: SARS-CoV-2 infection and vaccination and the risk of vascular events.(Project lead: William Whiteley, University of Edinburgh)
CCU003: Direct and indirect effects of the coronavirus pandemic in individuals with cardiovascular disease. (Project lead: Ami Banerjee, UCL)
CCU014: Assessing the impact of COVlD-19 on clinical pathways using a medicines approach. (Project lead: Reecha Sofat, University College London)
CCU019: Identification and personalised risk prediction for severe COVID-19 in patients with rare disorders impacting cardiovascular health. (Project lead: Honghan Wu, University College London)
CCU029: Child hospital admission with COVID-19 — risk factors, risk groups and NHS care utilisation. (Project lead: Kate Brown, Great Ormond Street Hospital & University College London)
CCU036: The impact of previous exposure to COVlD-19 and the safety of COVID-19 vaccination for fertility and pregnancy outcomes. (Project lead: Luisa Zuccolo, University of Bristol)
- Hospital Episode Statistics Admitted Patient Care (APC) and Adult Critical Care (CC)
- GPES data for Pandemic Planning and Research (GDPPR)
- Second Generation Surveillance System (SGSS)
- ONS deaths
👨💻 Work is conducted in the NHS Digital Trusted Research Environment using SQL, Python, R and Spark/Databricks.
- Understanding COVID-19 trajectories from a nationwide linked electronic health record cohort of 56 million people: phenotypes, severity, waves & vaccination
- BHF Data Science Centre Research Showcase: Phenotyping COVID-19: Insights from linked data for 56 million individuals
- Evaluation of antithrombotic use and COVID-19 outcomes in a nationwide atrial fibrillation cohort
- Using national electronic health records for pandemic preparedness: validation of a parsimonious model for predicting excess deaths among those with COVID-19
- The adverse impact of COVID-19 pandemic on cardiovascular disease prevention and management in England, Scotland and Wales: A population-scale descriptive analysis of trends in medication data